Maryland Marine Services
Not only do we sell boats, but we are full-service marine service facility conveniently located at Holly Neck Marina in Middle River, Maryland.
From detailing jobs to full engine overhauls, we can do it all.
Our Marine Services Include:
- General Marine Repair
- Preventative Boat Maintenance
- Outdrive Service
- GPS / Electronic Replacement
- Bottom Painting
- Boat Detailing
Full-service marina ready to tackle any of your boating needs.
Boat Repair & Customization
Our crew does it all! Routine maintenance, motor rebuilds, engine replacements, electronics and navigational replacement to name a few.
- Maryland Boat Sales and Service is an authorized service center for Suzuki, Mercury, and MerCruisers engines. We also have certified marine mechanics on staff.
- We work on most sterndrives, inboards, and outboard engines.
Winterization & Winter Storage
Every year our customers reach out to us starting in September to reserve space in our yard for Winter Storage. Boat owners use this time each year to perform annual maintenance, more time consuming boat projects, and to protect their boats from the winter elements. It’s a great time to get projects completed while on dry land.
Here at Maryland Boat Sales we can help:
- Fill out a winter storage agreement online that will reserve a spot in the yard and help us know what it is we will be doing to your boat so we can plan accordingly.
- Once we have scheduled a time for you to bring your boat over to us. We will then pull the boat out of the water with our travel lift and power wash the bottom of your boat.
- We will then start winterizing your systems; Engines, generators, fresh water systems, Air-conditioning systems, fluid changes (if you choose), etc.
- Next, we will shrink-wrap your boat to protect it from the elements and assign you a space in our boat yard. This will allow a dry space to perform any winter work needed.
- Lastly, we will block it on land, where it will stay safe and sound until your Spring launch date.
Choosing to leave your boat in the water in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed all season long is a great option to have quick and easy access to hop on your boat and enjoy your day on the bay! Bottom painting is essential for boats that stay in the water all season long. The fresh coat of paint prevents barnacle and algae growth on the haul, to keep your vessel at its top performance all season.
Our process includes the following:
- Power wash haul to remove all dirt, algae, barnacles, etc. This is typically done when we pull the vessel for winter storage. If there are multiple layers of paint we may suggest getting your haul soda blasted for a fresh start.
- Tape off water line and around running gear
- Apply 2 layers of Anti-Fouling bottom paint
- Remove tape and allow 24-48 hours to dry
At Maryland Boat Sales bottom painting is a huge percentage of our Spring schedule, so make sure get on our list by noting your interest in bottom painting when completing your Spring work order.
A full detailing should be completed at least once a year and if possible, 2x a year to maintain gelcoat on your boat. Most of our customers book this service in the Spring.
Our process includes:
- Washing the entire boat including the cockpit (We don’t open hatches or engine rooms)
- Acid bath bottom, if needed, but it is an extra charge
- Compound and then wax exterior excluding non-skid surface
- We then wash the entire boat again before final delivery
Choose to protect your boat from harsh Winter elements by shrink-wrapping. It offers many benefits that your seasonal canvas and hardware store tarps can’t offer. Your custom canvas is expensive to replace and should only be used to protect your interior from dirt, rain, and sun during the summer season. For example, after a snowstorm is over and the sun comes out the snow will melt and then re-freeze that night causing heavy pockets of ice that will eventually be way too heavy for your canvas to support, causing rips.
Our crew at Maryland Boat Sales has shrink-wrapped just about every brand and model of boat on the market. We offer shrink-wrapping during the Winter months both at our Marina and within the Middle River and Essex zip codes with a mobile service. We will come to you!
Our Shrink-Wrapping Process:
- First, after canvas is removed by owner, we will begin to strap out and prop your boat to support the shrink wrap nice and tight.
- Next, we cover your boat with the shrink wrap material and start securing it.
- Then, we tie lines securing it to your vessel.
- Lastly, after everything is secure we heat the shrink so that it conforms to your boat very tightly to protect from snow, rain, ice, and wind.